View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 20, 2021 at 06:14 AM

I feel compelled to add something. In addition to the ones after 30 years old, I also had a two/three month depression at 15 years old. My first ever. Also a few month one in college, and a month long one when living in Taiwan, at 24. All significant. The first made me almost fail the year at school, because of hooky to stay in bed, depressed. The one at college did damage to my GPA because of skipping classes and lack of study (in bed). In Taiwan, I was taken to the hospital by my employer after skipping too much work, and failing to call out (in bed). I didn't go inpatient. Soon after, I quit the job when switching to mania. The hospital doctor prescribed antidepressant(s). Most all my pure depressions involved a paralysis, of sorts. Not the case for mixed episodes.

Though I didn't forget the above, when I was very young such depressions became minimized in my brain. [Sort of kind of not so bad. Put behind me.] This changed after my mid 30s. And yet, earlier today I totally neglected to mention these early ones. Strange! And really, even my worst episodes of my 30s almost seem like a dream.

Truth is, what I perceived as a youthful Teflon coating, wasn't as nonstick as I thought. After 30, the coating was even less there. In a recent thread here, I stated that I wished I had the fearlessness and capabilities of my 20s. But really, there was something unhealthy about that decade's tendencies.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; May 20, 2021 at 07:34 AM..
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, buddha1too, MuddyBoots