Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
Default May 21, 2021 at 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1too View Post
@Innerzone...

Soupe was refering to the fact that a Czech doctor couldn't treat someone in another country via Zoom (licensing & all that good stuff). We were joking because I'm not entirely happy with my pdoc.
@Innerzone, yes, what buddaha1too said is correct. We were referring to treatment across the sea. We were just kind of joking. But actually, my American psychiatrist did offer me video sessions (and advice/direction) even after my move to Czech Republic. But he could not prescribe anymore. For that reason, I had to get a Czech psychiatrist, who has already prescribed refills since I moved to CZ.

My American psychiatrist likely wouldn't offer all his patients what he offered me. I've known him for about 14 years, and I believe he was simply extra nice to me. The transition was a softer one because of that offer. I no longer pay him, so the video sessions stopped, but I am now emailing him updates, but probably just a few more times. I no longer have insurance in the US (I used to use my husband's, but he was terminated from his US job), and US Medicare doesn't pay with me living in Europe.

We could definitely do ZOOM meetings with Americans from CZ. Actually, I communicate with my family using WhatsApp for free, and vice versa. This technology is a godsend! In the past, calls to/from the US were very expensive. When my husband was a little boy in communist Czechoslovakia, not every household even had a phone. Some had to go to the post office to make international calls. [@buddha1too, do you remember that in East Germany? Operator assisted booths? Or was that before your time there? I called my folks from one when in Czechoslovakia, briefly, in 1992.] My husband's parents always had a phone, but mostly because his father was a doctor.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; May 21, 2021 at 02:03 PM..

Hugs from:
bizi, buddha1too, Innerzone, Mountaindewed, Nammu, Sunflower123, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
buddha1too, Innerzone, Sunflower123, ~Christina