Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 21, 2021 at 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
Anxious today because I'm worrying about one of my cats. He had some intolerance to the brand of food I was feeding him and had minor (very) diarrhea. I took him to the vet, she prescribed an antibiotic. The diarrhea is gone, but he seems very sleepy. He's eating, though not as voraciously as he usually does. He's just sleepy. Then he threw up a bit of bile this morning. I freaked out and called the vet. She said it sounds like his tummy is still somewhat upset and if he's still sleepy or throws up anymore to bring him in tomorrow.

Ugh. I don't even agree with her...I know him, London, and I really think he's reacting to the medication. I know antibiotics can cause sleepiness and upset stomach. I'm having miserable anticipatory anxiety because I am so phobic about going to the vet...I've lost a number of beloved pets. I truly don't think London is sick, I think he had some food intolerance and now some med side-effects. Plus, I have therapy and psych appointments tomorrow that I really don't want to miss. And, there's the money issue, especially at this time of the month. Vets are so darn expensive.

I'm sorry for the rant, I hate myself when I get anxious like this. Especially when, deep inside, I don't believe there's a major reason for the anxiety. UGGGGHHHH

I hope when you read this London ( great name) is feeling much better.

A few weeks ago Gus got super sick and we had to take him to the Vet. They decided Gastritis gave us antibiotics and a med to help settle his stomach down. he was totally back to normal in 2 days. He wasnt thrilled about eating, cant blame him..

I honestly flip out when my dogs are not feeling well !

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, Soupe du jour

Thanks for this!
*Beth*