given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2021 at 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I’m really just lonely :

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
and enjoy the people I meet and have come to know on this forum. I’m desperately trying to work through my issues. This forum gives me a space to freely examine it and bounce it off others, whereas a private therapist could have never given me this much time. Plus, none of them ever helped and I stopped seeing them. But, I also feel a social attachment here. There is no other social media I interact on. I am lonely and enjoying ‘antisocial’ media!
I have a message on FB that I should have responded to (I have been telling myself--I will do it today) a while ago but hesitate to ever even look at FB. Part of it is that I dislike the newsfeed (there is just too much IMO) and the other part is that I was never able to tell people on FB (old HS friends and a few others) some of the significant things I have been through (like my cancer diagnosis and recovery). The biggest barrier mentally about it was my mental health breakdown and this seems like the only place where people could relate. I consider all the people I "friended" to be very nice people but I feel like a bit of a misfit on FB because of how my life seems so different than theirs. IMO, I have more in common with people here....
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, mssweatypalms, Skeezyks, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv