View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2021 at 12:04 PM

Today: 2 hours of dual proofreading with my assistant. We'll get as far as we get. Found 3 Steinbeck quotes that'll see me thru:
There is in the air about a man a kind of congealed jealousy. Only let him say he will do something and that whole mechanism goes to work to stop him. The Greeks worked this out to their satisfaction. Jealous gods always present.

God save me from amateurs. The don't know what they are reading but it is much more serious than that. They immediately start rewriting. I never knew this to fail. It is invariable. For that authority of ignorance and that is something you simply cannot combat.

From East of Eden: In human affairs of danger and delicacy successful conclusion is sharply limited by hurry. So often men trip by being in a rush. If one were to properly perform a difficult and subtle act, he should first inspect the end to be achieved and then, once he had accepted the end as desirable, he should forget it completely and concentrate solely on the means. By this method he would not be moved to false action by anxiety or hurry or fear. Very few people learn this.

To the day, Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote