Grand Member

Member Since Sep 2014
274 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2021 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
The severe lung damage alone from Covid is enough reason to take the precaution of the vaccine. My husband just passed away after over 100 days fighting the devastating lung damage. He was only 57. My daughter-in-law also has lung damage from Covid over a year after the initial illness. She just turned 31.

Additionally, every doctor we have dealt with has noted high incidence of diabetes in patients with no previous history as well as cardiac damage.

Additionally, the muscle wasting from long-term hospitalization can be severe requiring months of rehabilitation. My husband lost over 50 pounds in three months - all muscle mass- leaving him unable to support his own weight.

My husband experienced all four of these issues and the lung damage killed him. I feel pretty confident that even had he lived, the long-term effects on his health would probably never have been fully healed.

Covid is a monster to those stricken with its most severe form. Don’t mess with it.
I am so sorry for the loss of your husband, That is heartbreaking. My 41 year old husband was in the ICU for ten days with COVID. My poor kids were so scared having their dad in the hospital.No vent but he was up to 60 liters of oxygen. He did manage to pull through thankfully. I have a 51 year old patient who has been vented for a month--I have almost no hope for him to make a meaningful recovery at this point. My thoughts are with you!
AncientMelody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Discombobulated, TunedOut, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated