TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,879 hugs
given
Default May 23, 2021 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post

I'm so sorry that you feel let down by the mh system. What are some reasons?
IDK how to put it into a simple answer here without writing a dissertation!

The simplest answer is there was no consistent diagnosis, and there was no explanation about what to expect from therapy and a finite plan to achieve successful results. All meds I tried did not work to help and some hurt.

My issue is not solely me, but involves relationships with a key other person. When we saw marriage counselors, they did not hold us accountable, homework was not done, no change happened.

I was treated badly by some of the therapists; they were callous, or negligent, so I didn’t go back. I liked some but they were ineffective, incompetent about their own insurance billing, or not causing any real change. It felt like we just kept paying for sessions that went nowhere.

Also, the money was an issue. I felt that I couldn’t bear to keep spending all that money, especially feeling confused and not getting good results, so I would take long breaks seeing no therapists until things got so bad i went to another one.

We or I must have seen a dozen over twenty years. The shortest was a few times, the longest was a year (two of those).

Hugs from:
*Beth*, downandlonely, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
*Beth*