View Single Post
indigo1015
Grand Member

Member Since Dec 2010
8 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy May 24, 2021 at 02:32 AM

I feel so miserable right now... it's 1:16am and I'm up bingeing on tortilla chips... work was utterly horrid. It usually is bad on Sundays but tonight was extremely heinous. If it wasn't one thing needing to be fixed, it was another. At the end of the shift, I messed up and we can't figure out how to fix my mistake. I feel terrible but I was being pulled in twelve ****ing directions at that time. My boss tells me not to stress, that we can only do so much and not to get overwhelmed, but when it's just me and one other person scheduled at the busiest stations, when the work just keeps coming through and we clearly won't be able to get it all done, when everything is breaking down at once, when we all feel like the other shift has it in for us, when I am tired and my wrists and feet are throbbing with pain from the repetitive motions I do as part of my job, how well do you think that advice holds up? I want to quit very badly, but my benefits are through this job and it pays well. They recently increased our shift differential, and I think it's because they realize how burnt out and frustrated everyone on my shift is. I like a lot of the people I work with, and I think people there like me, but I am so ****ing shanked from this job. But what the hell do I tell interviewers when they ask me why I want to leave? "Because Management is inept and can't get their **** together"? "Because it's making me utterly miserable"? "Because I am exhausted and burnt out and in pain and I want a job that doesn't do this to me"? Interviewers don't respond well to answers like that. I feel so alone. I feel unloved. I feel unheard and unseen. I'm angry and hurt and frustrated and exhausted and yet I can't get to sleep. My kitty is crouched at my feet... at least someone still wants me, I guess. I don't want to go into work tomorrow. The very thought fills me with terror and dread. I just don't know what to do anymore.
indigo1015 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Discombobulated, LookingforCalm, Open Eyes, RollercoasterLover, RoxanneToto, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
leomama