View Single Post
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster

Member Since Jun 2011
66.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 24, 2021 at 01:28 PM

I can see where mountaindewd is coming from. Stuff like carrots and celery plain used to make me sick to my stomach. It felt like it was sloshing around in the acid, really unpleasant.

But nowadays i eat half the bunch of celery before i finish washing and cutting it!

Im basically doing less bread, more rice and pasta and beans, less fish and chicken, more olives (for fat).

I am in the middle of a course of antibiotics for a UTI, and boy i cannot believe how much better i feel. I cant believe how sick i was getting without realizing it. I know that old people in nursing homes often go a little crazy from undiagnosed UTI's - the symptoms are not always obvious (it happened to my uncle). I guess i better start watching for that in myself!

Oh - i was gonna say, my stomach feels better too. I wonder if i have h pylori? And thats part of what made me queasy with veg? My mother claims she had heartburn since she was a little girl.

I take a med (topamax) that is hard on the kidneys so i try to be careful to drink enough water.

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462

Thanks for this!
leomama