leomama
Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2014
172 hugs
given
Default May 24, 2021 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
I don't know what I'd do without this forum. I strongly believe in "online friends" - let's face it, I see my online friends every day, whereas I see my IRL friends once a year, or less.

As for Facebook, I'm on it to stay in touch with some life-long friends and with my son and DIL. I flatly refuse to get into politics on Fb, and so do my close friends. The hardest part of Fb for me is seeing photographs of, for example, a friend remodeling her adorable kitchen. It's tough, because here I am, grateful to be able to rent a tiny 1 bedroom apartment. My therapist tells me to stop comparing. And it's true, everyone has their burdens- even if it doesn't look like it.

Everyone has their burdens but not everyone has our burdens. I know I could make my life look happy but it’s not how I feel. For me it’s the relationships, the group shots, the multigenerational families. My parents are narcissistic, my daughter knows that, my ex husband is what he is, my daughter knows that too. I can’t fake that stuff. It’s not even about comparing . Facebook is like work or church, stay positive, be positive .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leomama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, mssweatypalms, Open Eyes, Skeezyks, TunedOut, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, TunedOut, WovenGalaxy