Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 25, 2021 at 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollercoasterLover View Post
This is what you posted about a month ago.
I hope you will reread your thread and talk to your abuse advocate and therapist about the current situation.

I've had that high lust fueled chemistry in the past. It's intoxicating, but it isn't real love. Lust has no judgement to make good decisions. You need to make the good decisions for yourself.

Ftr, I don't think you are stupid. I think the dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin released in your brain when you are in his presence are clouding your rational thoughts.
Amount of dopamine and serotonin and oxytocin released are directly correlated with how wrong the guy is as a partner. Cant stay away, love of my life, madly in love, intense chemistry, can’t move on from him was exactly the same Hope felt for abusive homeless addict man, then some other inappropriate man after and likely other men before that.

It seems more abusive and wrong they are, more intense is the lust and infatuation

And it’s not abnormal to feel this way. Our bodies respond to familiar. Unfortunately what’s familiar here is constant drama, abuse, struggle, all kind unhealthy things. But these emotions and these attractions aren’t signs of a healthy relationships or signs that you must continue going for these kind of men.

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, eskielover, poshgirl, RollercoasterLover, RoxanneToto