Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default May 25, 2021 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear4 View Post
Well, now I am going through a depression. I've managed to stay out of bed and only my husband knows at this point and not my two teens. This is usually when some obsessive behaviors creep up that take me into a manic or mixed episode.
I am eating well, taking care of myself, and taking all my meds. I have no stress in my life either. My son has come out of his depression and is thriving! My children are happy, my marriage is good, and I even had an excellent job interview. I just hate this feeling!

This makes me think I will never be able to sustain a job again after my psychosis 8 years ago. I haven't been the same since. I did finish college and get a good job. I was successful for 2 years but I had to take short-term disability twice because of my depression. It was a high-stress job so I just quit one day with a week's notice. Now I am in school for something I love and had an interview to pursue it. I think I may get it and I am thinking don't take it. Don't promise what you can't give. (I want to be a Special Education Teacher). This would be a paraeducator job which is less stress because I'm not in charge but still. I am 5 classes away from having a MA in Special Education. IDK, I am rambling now. I just wanted to talk it out. Thank you for listening.
I relate a lot! The tightrope thing very much makes sense. I don't think it's just in your head. It's real, the challenge, but it can be managed. I agree with the posters that say try it and see. You could totally find the right job with the right workload for yourself. I very strongly recommend therapy for all of this too. And just keep at it all like you've been. And then you can recover even more over time. I've been at it for almost 10 years now. I also finished my MSc, started working again etc... It's possible to do. Hang in there!
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*