View Single Post
Mystical_Being

Member Since May 2017
922 hugs
given
Default May 25, 2021 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio View Post
My T and I believe that the attachment/transference work that we do ... is the work. We use it to better understand me, to strength my capacities through experiencing things with someone I have a strong connection to while she is able to stay in T mode; thereby, staying curious and a bit unphased by what comes up for me. Like I can be mad at her, I can express my anger with her and she doesn't get angry back - we talk about it. The more times we go through these cycles the easier it gets because I am having experiences with someone that feels like they are x to me; yet the outcome or her response is not how I experience similar interactions from x. It provides a break in the patterns that were developed in my childhood and allows me the ability to feel and sense things different.

What do you see is your therapy work? How do you see working with your attachment/transference is a hinderance towards that therapy work? How might you use it to assist you in your therapeutic goals? What would you need from a T in order to utilize this phenomenon to your benefit?

Thank you for sharing that. I can see how it can be helpful. My therapy work is to be able to handle life better, get skills I need and process my severe childhood trauma. The goal is to not need therapy anymore. Every therapist is temporary. I don’t see it as a hinderance per say. I am getting stuff done, I just don’t want to feel attached to her because then it will be hard to let go when the time comes. I am not sure using it will help my therapy goals considering the main goal is to someday not need therapy anymore. Being close/attached to a therapist is not a good thing for me and it makes it impossible for me to let go which would mean I wouldn’t reach my goal of not needing therapy anymore.

I think I am still traumatized from my last therapist who used my transference against me and was unethical in may ways.
Mystical_Being is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, LonesomeTonight, RoxanneToto, SlumberKitty