Thread: Betrayed
View Single Post
Travelgurl

Member Since May 2021
Default May 25, 2021 at 10:25 PM

After 32 years of marriage I found out 8 weeks ago that my husband has been having an affair for the past 4-5 years. Other than a decreased level of activity in the bedroom which I attributed to aging and long term partnership there were no other signs. And in the past 2 -3 years I asked several times about his feelings about what was declining sexually and stated my love and commitment and willingness to work on it and was reassured that all was ok. I had him leave the home immediately and we are in the process of divorce. I can’t describe the shock and the pain over the loss but even more so the betrayal. In the past 8 weeks he has continued with his affair partner while we have been trying to process what has happened. We have 4 adult children who are devastated. 3 of them are not speaking to him. He has been saying he loves me and I am his best friend and he wants to have some sort of relationship with me even if just friends. I asked him to stop with his affair partner but really am disappointed I even had to ask. He agreed but who would ever know if he is keeping his word as he lied and deceived me so effortlessly for so long, and so successfully. I fully intend to go through with the divorce and have made this clear. I feel crazy for even having anything to do with him, but also can’t imagine my world without him having some part in it. Any advice or guidance or similar experience?
Travelgurl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TishaBuv