View Single Post
TheEbonyEwe

Member Since Dec 2013
152 hugs
given
Default May 26, 2021 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloWorld18 View Post
What I wanna know, is what parts do you mask? Have you tried it? Do you feel like you’re a good masker? Do you experience side effects when you try to hide parts of your ASD/mask it like depression or wanting more social isolation?
Great tips on the eye contact thing, which I abhor! I've caught myself staring too long, for the same reasons....they'll l think I'm lying or hiding something if I don't look at them. It's hard to do! I wish people would just let me play my games on my phone and not be offended. I can talk and do both, believe it or not.

What parts do I mask? My annoyance of having to be around other human beings for a useless purpose when I could be at home doing something far more productive. I frequently have to go to hubby's friends house to just sit and listen to them talk about their week and wait for food to get done. I hate this crap more than anything, so before I go, I have to dig out the mask. Used to be, if I got drunk, I could tolerate it, but I can't drink anymore due to liver issues so... I just try and stay quiet and listen to the other people talk. The entire time, I am telling myself don't yawn, don't fidget, leave phone alone, try and ask a question about whatever they're talking about so you don't seem bored.

I don't know if I'm a good masker or not. I don't have any friends...so probably not. lol

Yes, side effects like mental exhaustion and desired social isolation hit me hard during and after the event I'm forced to go to.
TheEbonyEwe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated