sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 27, 2021 at 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedgem View Post
We are having an extension built on our house. We sought planning permission to which the neighbor did not challenge. We have knocked on the door and explained there will be noise and disruption for a few weeks etc.

The neighbor next door moans about the noise and banging. About cars coming and going and skips being delivered etc. We are very courteous, don't start work too early or too late, don't work weekends etc, no bonfire's.

He came again today to say the workman's music was too loud.

I'm really starting to loose it. I've been so polite with this man. I'm now concerned he will moan and complain when we are enjoying our garden with the children or want to play music etc.

All advice welcome

Man that’s a tough spot. I’m going to sound cold or callous or unfeeling by seeing this. But as long as it doesn’t violate any noise ordinances and you’ve taken the proper considerations f the neighbor if he doesn’t like it. You can explain that to him nicer but the fact is no matter how annoying the noise is from a neighbor we have to tolerate it when it does not violate a noise ordinance. I have one neighbor who no kidding mows his lawn every time we have dinner outside whether it’s 6 o’clock or 730 and it drives me crazy but I don’t say anything. And if you received approval from the town I don’t see any problem.

Regarding the music: it’s possible to ask your contractor or whomever to turn down the music but technically if it doesn’t violate any noise ordinance or some kind of decibel rating that the cops would be called it’s just one of those things. In fact if you think about it that kind of work is hard manual labor I personally would like to listen to my music as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Buffy01, lizardlady, Rose76