catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 27, 2021 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Updating that my therapist had said he was going to start in-person sessions for fully vaccinated clients (including me) once his wife was vaccinated (he was vaccinated back in like January). She got her first dose in April, so his intention was to start seeing clients in person earlier this month (May). Except the American Psychological Association is saying to still go by guidelines for healthcare settings, which means wearing masks (even though, in my state, masks are no longer required in stores, restaurants, and other indoor settings, whether vaccinated or not). So he's opting to follow those guidelines, and he doesn't want to wear a mask, because he talks louder wearing them, and it strains his voice, so he doesn't think he could do that all day (sigh...). So sounds like it's virtual only until the APA changes their guidelines (or if our state's psychological association changes theirs, as our case rates are way down).

Which is just frustrating...like I was doing OK with virtual, then having a potential date to return to in-person, I got my hopes up...only to have them dashed. And now it's like I wonder if we'll even go back to in-person this year? He's empathized with my frustration/disappointment and said that some other clients are pushing him to go back to in-person. So I'm not alone. But I just wish I could have a time frame? It's been over 14 months of virtual now...

I'm really sorry. That's a frustrating situation, to say the least. Hopefully, enough clients will pressure him to return to in-person sessions to persuade him to do so.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Merope

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight