Revu2
Grand Member
Revu2 tweak

10 yr Member
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 29, 2021 at 01:33 AM

So great to get a Big Project done & Delivered. Ahead of schedule. Alas, over the budget the client had set aside in her thinking. Wrestled all day with thoughts of conceding part of my fees. Totaled my hours today and I'll bill all of it & see what she says.

Did order a few small things to cheer me up. Bot a small device about the size of a toaster that's a personal air conditioner. Evapolar brand. Saw it discounted on one of my feeds but their buying process proved too much. So then found it for even less, still new, on Poshmark. Scored it.

It's powered via USB cable, draws just 7.5 watts, and cools by blowing water through a filter. Filters run about $25 and they say refresh twice a year. First, don't need AC all year, Second, even when I do it's about 30 days total across the summer months. So, I'll see. My heat pump AC draws 15,000 watts for comparison, 2000 times more electricity.

The other was looking to solve something. I bought "popping" sorghum, that I can't seem to get to pop. Pivot, maybe I can grind it & blend it in with corn grits. So I had to crush them to the right size. Cuisinart and coffee bean grinders turn it into flour. And a bunch escape intact. Picking them out for another round is a pain. Along the way I bought a strainer from Daiso with the right grid size. Better, still a pain.

Whatever I got needed to be small and hand powered cuz I'm only grinding 1/8 of a cup each time. Salt or pepper grinders! Finally settled on one by PepperMate and got it today. A bit of precautionary cleaning before giving it a drive. Yes, the coarse grind does the trick.

Sometimes I think I must finish a project and buy stuff as a reward. But in another sense, I like buying mid-project because it's a distraction, yet concrete in that I end up with something in hand I can use when I do finish.

Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote