Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 30, 2021 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewoman View Post
Frankly, I am amazed at the things people get offended about, but I think it might be a generational thing. The world today isn't even remotely like the one I grew up in. I was born in '62.

I am incredibly impressed by the Native nations. As bad as they were persecuted by the US government, the few survivors put their energy into rebuilding their lives, but granted, different than before. They are a powerful people who honor their traditions. I love going to their Pow-Wows. The clothes are stunningly colorful, the dancing competitions are fascinating to watch, and the drums are mesmerizing. I love that I can open my window and go to sleep to the sound of those drums.
I once happened upon the artist who sculpted the Native American statue that stands on top of the Oklahoma Capital building which happens to be just a few miles from my house. He was also a former Souix Chief. Fascinating man. I can't pronounce nor spell his name, though. Google him.

I guess my point is, there are people out there who have every right to be offended, and I'm sure they probably are. You would never know it though. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Frankly, I say live and let live. That's the hippy in me talking. Why should I have to change the way I speak, act, etc. because you're upset? That makes me upset. 😁 If you don't like what I say or do, go someplace else where I'm not if it really bothers you that much or even ask me to leave if you can't and if I can, I will. I don't see a problem with living in a society where people are allowed to speak without restraint. I used to live in a society like that, but I see it moving closer and closer to an Orwellian one. Terrifying.
Great post. So very true. Native indigenous people everywhere pretty much have rights to be offended and then some. Majorly.

Live and let live is a good one.

I once got yelled at because I said my family lost everyone in the Holocaust (my grandparents survived but lost everyone else like my grandpa had 7 sister and they all had young children and none survived none survived) yet they went on with their lives and enjoyed it. I got yelled at that not everyone can move on. All right then. You go mope around that someone didn’t respond to your text! Or didn’t look at you the right away

I know siblings with Usher syndrome, progressively becoming deaf and blind. But ok let’s act like victims and mope about unreturned texts instead of putting things into perspective
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
ducky2030, Werewoman