View Single Post
Cocosurviving
Elder

Member Since Sep 2012
308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 31, 2021 at 07:56 AM

I actually believe I might be in the same boat as another person in our Xolair group. I believe Xolair injections might be making my Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria worse. I do write [emoji1607] down...journal my flare ups.

I’m happy for folx that Xolair has been a game changer for Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria however it is misinformation to make posts that GUARANTEE results just because particular individuals are having success. The manufacturer does not GUARANTEE successful results. No pharmaceutical manufacturer can GUARANTEE successful results.

Everyone does *not have success with Xolair for Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria.

After having my second Xolair injections [300 mg] for May 2021. I called my immunologist office answering service. I spoke with a nurse on call and was instructed to go to a local urgent care clinic.

I had to be given higher dosages of steroids [and monitored] to calm down my Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria. Which I started also having Angioedema swells [top and bottom lip + my right thigh]. It’s painful and I’m on bed rest. My right thigh continues to swell with Angioedema.

It’s hard to think [emoji189] positive and hold out hope that these Xolair injections will begin to help when I’ve experienced zero improvement. I’ve continuously been instructed to go to urgent care or a hospital. Which my flare ups always happen in the wee hours of the night.

These medical bills are stressing me out. I’m already making payments but continue to return to urgent care or a hospital as instructed which creates more medical bills. [emoji849][emoji2362]

I’ve applied for medical financial assistance through a local hospital. I’ve been checking my mail waiting on a response. I also have multiple autoimmune diseases [Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto, Asthma, Atopic Dermatitis and Alopecia] and experience a domino effect.
My Fibromyalgia pain has been horrible as well. I treat my Fibromyalgia with medical cannabis, bath bombs, herbal teas, supplements and traditional medicinals. I don’t believe in pain medications [for me].

I’m not seeking any advice. I’d just rather post here because some individuals can relate to being frustrated with chronic illnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1). Depression
2). PTSD
3). Anxiety
4). Hashimoto
5). Fibromyalgia
6). Asthma
7). Atopic dermatitis
8). Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
9). Hereditary Angioedema (HAE-normal C-1)
10). Gluten sensitivity
11). EpiPen carrier
12). Food allergies, medication allergies and food intolerances. .
13). Alopecia Areata
Cocosurviving is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote