View Single Post
Cocosurviving
Elder

Member Since Sep 2012
308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 31, 2021 at 08:29 AM

I actually no longer take any psychotropic medications. I was mis-diagnosed and I was so hurt. I had so many records to have amendments added to.

Laws protect healthcare providers and mental illness providers with little regard to the outcome of their mistakes and mis-diagnoses.

Myself and my adult daughter always experienced adverse reactions to depression, anxiety and mood stabilizers. We think the reaction from the mood stabilizers is because of being mis-diagnosed.

I actually have Hashimoto and if I could get rid of one of my chronic illnesses....hands down it would be Hashimoto. My teenager also has Hashimoto. Hashimoto impacts several systems in the human body including moods. [emoji849]

My teenager and adult son are diagnosed with ADHD. Both were taking Focalin XR. My son was rushed from his college to a local hospital in Tennessee. His primary care recommended he no longer take Focalin XR.
About six months later my teenager began experiencing horrible adverse reactions to Focalin XR. Both my kids had been taking Focalin XR for several years.

Fast forward me and my children don’t believe in any psychotropic medications FOR US. We’re also not interested in the medication merry go round.

I treat my depression, anxiety and PTSD with self care. I created a list of things that I pick from to do when I feel depression, anxiety or PTSD.

When I tried tapering off Lithium it was a bih. Doctors are not as knowledgeable as society would paint the picture. I actually contacted the pharmaceutical manufacturer. They gave me all the steps and explained it to my psychiatrist. This all happened in early 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1). Depression
2). PTSD
3). Anxiety
4). Hashimoto
5). Fibromyalgia
6). Asthma
7). Atopic dermatitis
8). Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
9). Hereditary Angioedema (HAE-normal C-1)
10). Gluten sensitivity
11). EpiPen carrier
12). Food allergies, medication allergies and food intolerances. .
13). Alopecia Areata
Cocosurviving is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote