Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Jun 01, 2021 at 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzclar View Post
Do what works for you. From my experience, getting a plan in place is tough work. And it's rewarding. I spent time thinking talk therapy and meds were enough to fix my issues. I was missing some major areas in my life. When one of my foundations is missing my life breaks down and I then avoid the issues. And the avoiding makes my body feel worse. I finally started to take responsibility for my inaction and avoidance. Planning helps me see what I can do to take action.

Well I've had cPTSD so for me it isn't really about having to make a plan. cPTSD made everything hard, even simple basics like making a plan always was for me before cPTSD. Afterwards, it all became tough work. Not really rewarding, only when I can finally go to bed knowing that I averted impending disaster with me hanging on by a thin thread to try and keep functioning on the most basic level that I can tolerate. That means continuing to do the part time work, without unacceptable delays with the jobs I complete. Because there are delays, regular delays, I did not have a life for 3 years because I pulled allnighters to be able to abuse my brain for a little dopamine supply or something to be able to overcome the extreme depression or numbness thingy from the cPTSD or whatever it would be called, so then I would work hard during late night, or morning or even through the afternoon after having not slept at all. I am starting to have a life finally, I'm able to do some of the work during the day now, I'm able to concentrate better again, and so on. I'm able to just exist again in life.

I agree that all of the foundations need to be there or life breaks down, I liked that way of putting it. In my case that was about being able to exist at all in this life (long story, that one has an objective reason making it hard) and about people not caring (whether in close relationships or in groups). I've worked a lot on all that, finding more ways to get around the objective problem, understanding myself and other people more to get that ability to connect, etc.

Ten years of hard work soon.
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote