sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 03, 2021 at 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I’ve seen this on Facebook. But they will post something usually they are complaining, but it’s of an impressive object. Mostly just impressive to them though. They say something like “oh I don’t know what color to paint my window!” And they post a picture of an impressive house. I don’t get what the point is except possible low self esteem?

I’ve also seen people do this with their intelligence and how they only have an IQ of 160 and don’t understand normal people and how lost they feel without that connection. I had a Pdoc make a humble brag comment about where his other office was located and I thought it was annoying more then impressive.

Studies have proven that IQ does not particularly measure levels of intelligence that we associate with genius. Many times it is measuring analysis and certain logic capabilities that may be the average person or even above average person doesn’t have. In fact tests like the SAT have now finally been given good reason to be studied as far as how little they actually represent the abilities and intelligence of the people and students who take them. Anytime anyone brags about their IQ I roll my eyes because if they are that obsessed with IQ numbers then I want them to without the proof that they took a legitimate IQ test. Google IQ test and thousands of results come up that seem legitimate and people will take them and get a number turned out by some algorithm and start talking about it to other people I’ve taken multiple IQ tests my scores have range to something a little above Forrest Gump to something entirely way too smart to actually represent who I am. I’m certainly not stupid but I definitely am not a genius. I feel like if I had the high IQ numbers that some of these tests have given me I would have been noticed at school more. I’m not sure what the legitimate tests and science behind an actual IQ test that measures an actual IQ appropriately is But I’m fairly certain that if you could find it on the Internet it would still be in the minority and it would be covered up and jumped up by all of the search results that say you can get a legitimate IQ result. I’m not even sure what an actual IQ result would give you as far as advantages in your life? When you go for a job interview even if it’s at a prestigious place of employment nobody is asking you to without your IQ scores. In fact unless you were doing something I would guess that is extremely involved or some thing very abstract I don’t see why they would care. I would love to have an example from somebody of where their actual IQ result mattered in there real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote