sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 03, 2021 at 01:15 AM

I use social media to keep in touch with family and friends that I’m close to and also use things like Twitter to keep track of politics and companies I’m interested in. But I don’t give it much more than a passing glance when it comes to drama and silly bragging and martyrs on Facebook. People can do what they want I regularly take Internet and social media breaks. Generally speaking once a month I just stay off the Internet for a week or so. I do that because I know I’m not addicted and I know that I can easily just put down the phone but specifically taking a break from all of the googling and posting helps me keep things in perspective. Facebook notifications often pile up for me and I’ll have 40 red dots on top of my Facebook app. I’m not compelled to check it with one notification or 100. When I’m ready I’m ready.
Don’t pay attention to any of the drama I feel like if you put your drama on Facebook there’s something wrong in your personal life. There’s no reason why publicly or otherwise you need to be posting about whatever issues you have in your personal life or mental health. private messaging, places like here, Sites devoted to mental health and things like that are one thing but Facebook Twitter and other social media is completely different. And don’t we usually complain about how our mental health and illnesses are used against us? So if we post about it on Facebook then we complain that it’s being used against us and I think about it and I wonder why did you put it out on Facebook?And everybody complains about Facebook and how they run everything and monitor everything you do which is another reason why personal important information should not be shared publicly personally I don’t even care if you were asking for crisis advice for a child or something major that you just can’t wrap your head around. Just keep it to something personal through your friends and family even through private messaging not on Facebook. Once it’s on the Internet it’s on the Internet forever no matter if it’s deleted or removed from some archives there’s always a way to dig it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote