View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 04, 2021 at 01:26 AM

So over the years I’ve been on and off Valium. Not a lot I would refill the prescription every couple of months or so. I would only use it in circumstances that were relatively extreme. With the tarditive dyskinesia that I am experiencing I had to go on Ativan. I took it three times a day. First she tried klonopin which didn’t work. And right away after that she prescribed the Ativan. It was going well. I had a special dentist appointment the kind for some seriously intense procedures. Officially she is also considered a sedation dentist. But I wasn’t looking for anything extremely serious. I told her the situation and she prescribed Valium. Five pills. And the only reason I took that instead of the Ativan is because I can’t take more Ativan than prescribed in order to have this procedure. I have also been on Adderall for 15 years. and when we were trying to sleep medication I requested restoral which I didn’t realize was also a benzo. And it didn’t work.

Well I think it must’ve been the Valium that triggered something but she called me and said she could no longer prescribe me benzodiazepines. I told her exactly what was going on because obviously the doctors go into that database and will know exactly what you’re prescribed. I met with her yesterday for my Tele visit and we were talking and she said she was getting alerts and she values her license and does not want to risk it. She said she could no longer prescribe benzodiazepines as long as I was on Adderall. I couldn’t figure it out I asked her if I can’t have them now why was it that I could have them over the course of a manu years off and on? She suggested I take BuSpar three times a day.

Another thing is I am flying to Yellowstone towards the end of the month. It’s a 10 day vacation that my in-laws plan to celebrate for different things and it was rescheduled because of Covid. I’ve only flown twice in my life the last being 12 years ago. When I was on that flight I nearly had a panic attack and I’m already fidgety and claustrophobic. So I told her fine you don’t have to prescribe me any benzodiazepines I was weaning off the Ativan(which she gave me no plan for and I’ve managed to do myself thank God I’m not addicted) after her hearing that anyway.

But I asked her for four or five pills of some kind of benzo for the flight. Again she reiterated she can’t prescribe benzos. She mentioned getting an alert probably because I had so many things prescribed to me in a short amount of time.

I was very clear that there was no abuse or drug seeking behavior. I just wanted to make sure she didn’t feel that was the issue. She assured me that no, it had nothing to do with abuse or diversion or drug seeking. It was purely about Alerts and her license.

What I think I’m going to do is make an appointment with my primary next week to talk about medication. I’m going to explain everything regarding the recent benzos and I’m going to talk to her about my flying anxiety. In addition to the anxiety with the tardive dyskinesia and fidgeting from ADHD it could be a nightmare for anyone next to me. i’m going to ask her for between four and six pills. Two for going and two for coming back and maybe two so one or the other could be taken as an extra. I’m really hoping it’s not an issue. I printed out my itinerary for both trips that I’m taking to prove they are legit. and faxed it to my psychiatrist because I will be requesting slightly early refills for Adderall. i plan on bringing that paperwork with me to the primary. What is your experience in a situation like this? Has it been easy to get a doctor or a primary to give you four or five pills for a legitimate condition and legitimate flight?
If your psychiatrist has all of a sudden decided not to prescribe certain medications, or you’ve had to ask about medication for a flight is that totally unusual? Do you think asking for 4 to 6 pills is going to make me seem like a drug seeker?

It’s so frustrating. How are we supposed to try out medication and see if they work if it flags some system and the doctors get scared? It’s not like I’m requesting opiates or a large prescription enough to sell, it’s just something normal. But apparently when you prescribe amphetamines and I guess multiple benzodiazepines over a certain amount of time, something gets flagged to alert the physician and I guess too many alerts is bad? Or maybe even getting one is bad? anyone have experience with that either?

Overall I’m basically asking if you’ve had an easy time getting a few pills for flights? Has your doctor taking of the answers for the same reason as mine?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Desoxyn, Guiness187055, Mountaindewed, WastingAsparagus