Whereto52

Member Since Feb 2020
34 hugs
given
Default Jun 04, 2021 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaowen View Post
Dear Whereto52,

I am so sorry you are going through this. Apathy is something I am quite familiar with from experience although I am not in your shoes and wouldn't want to trespass on the uniqueness of your experience.

Medication only partially helped me. I was helped a lot by reading self-help books by famous cognitive behavioral psychologists.

Face to face therapy never did much for me but many people have told me it helped tremendously.

It is heartbreaking that you are weighed down with the apathy you describe. Just heartbreaking!

I wish I could give advice but I am not a doctor or medical professional and so am totally unqualified for that. I realize that each of us is unique in our way and that what helps one person might not help someone else or might make things worse for them. Wish I knew what to say to be useful.

Hopefully others here with more experience, insight and wisdom will see your post and respond to it with something really helpful. My heart goes out to you. People who have never carried the burden for apathy have no idea how heavy it is. Four years is a long time to carry it.

Sincerely yours, Yao Wen
Thanks for taking the time to answer though

I am thinking about going to therapy even when it is not covered by insurance. It will possibly be 80-100€ for each session, so quite alot for a student but I better start sooner than later.
Whereto52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover