Whereto52

Member Since Feb 2020
34 hugs
given
Default Jun 04, 2021 at 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshgirl View Post
Whereto52

That's a great word to describe those feelings. Very sad that we often adopt this attitude for self-preservation or it just manifests itself for a number of reasons.

There are so many contributing factors. How we are treated by others, usually negatively. It becomes a coping mechanism.

It's difficult to free yourself from the shackles. It can be like a comfort blanket, to avoid any more hurt. Or it's a hereditary state of mind, that manifests itself as we get older. Sometimes, as in my case, someone opens up your mind again. That's not without its problems. The suppressed emotions can take you to the other extreme.

Hope this makes sense!
That I repress emotions could be a possibilty. I remember feeling to much stress when I was younger. A lot of stress. Every night I would grind my teath and have nightmares. During the day was always a feeling of dread or anxiety.

Maybe my brain started do disconnect from my "core" emotions to not get into that kind of state anymore. But I wouldn't how to change that. To become more aligned with my emotions, I mean.
Whereto52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote