Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 05, 2021 at 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desoxyn View Post
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It's complete unneeded torture that you're going through. You're not drug seeking at all - I'm on a stimulant and I get dissociative (Depersonalization/derealization) psychedelic flashback panic attacks and rarely needed a 1-3 benzos to kill the episodes. These have been happening for 4-5 years and have nothing to do with the stimulant - Completely unrelated.

Last year was particularly bad and I was taking alprazolam that I bought online because I wanted to be in control in case my doctor stopped prescribing lorazepam - I told him this and I mentioned diazepam to taper so he did. I was also prescribed 5x temazepam to help me sleep if the zopiclone didn't work. I then successfully tapered off.

Eventually I was hospitalized because I was too dissociated in the summer of 2020 and the unfamiliarity caused a severe panic attack which lasted for 5 hours and stopped by diazepam and 5mg of olanzepine. They wanted to put me on 0.5mg of clonazepam twice a day but I saw the emergency psychiatrist and he prescribed 10mg olanzepine which stopped the dissociation (Thus, stopping the panic attacks). I only now take a 0.25mg clonazepam once a week or so if I have a hard time sleeping. I still take the stimulant - I was prescribed a sleep med because I had insomnia and anxiety even when I wasn't on the stimulant. The panic attacks were complete ego deaths and horrible as they could get but I only had one in the past 6 months.

I don't think it's the drug users that caused a problem for non drug-seekers but instead the drug war itself. People should have the choice to use anything as long as they're educated about the risks or are supervised by a professional doctor. Regulations shouldn't be telling doctors what to do unless they aren't trained properly - That's the reasonable solution to the problem - Not punishing people that use (They're gonna use drug regardless of if they are illegal or not) - Especially punishing patients that aren't drug seekers.

I agree. It’s like they’re so afraid because of the nonsense when it comes to regulations, Alerts, and paperwork, they put their licenses and concerns over patient care. I’m not saying their license isn’t important. And I’m not saying they haven’t had patience and I’ve done some really shady stuff. But my history of 17 years under the care of various psychiatrists should prove otherwise. Ironically my other doctor had no problem prescribing me an antipsychotic that I didn’t need for years and years how come that’s not a problem ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty