View Single Post
MetterBox21

Member Since Jun 2021
Default Jun 05, 2021 at 09:13 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick and insightful reply. I have indeed asked David for help when it comes to the menial daily tasks, he never turns ever turns me down, and on some occasions when it's extremely quiet even help me do them, but he will jump on customers the first chance he gets (leaving me to do the bulk of the work whilst he serves), his reasoning is that he still have to look after customers, which no one can argue against. Other tasks such as emptying the bin he will never do, despite being filled to the brim everyday with the rubbish from his snacks and drinks, and he will also promise to do a task, but spend so long actually bothering to do it or forgetting about it that it's just easier to do it yourself at times. Just today I made a comment about doing him being a bit more fair with the workload and sharing a bit more of the sales and his reply was that I was affecting him and the staff around me by my negativity, I felt like he was trying to paint me out as the problem of the department rather than his own greed and selfishness hindering other staff members from getting their fair share. The other staff members in my department have already given up trying to change their circumstances, and just "get by" serving the few remaining customers they can find and being apathetic to their situation.

As far as transferring to a different store or going to a new company..I have already worked at a number of other stores, but also felt I could never reach my full potential in them due to lack of opportunities, right now my store is one of the most profitable stores in the country and I'm still making good money and enjoy the being able to help alot more customers (compared to my previous stores), so I'm reluctant to leave after working so hard to get there and to risk taking one step forward then two steps back.
MetterBox21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote