Thread: Rupture with L
View Single Post
daisydid

Member Since Oct 2018
375 hugs
given
Default Jun 05, 2021 at 06:36 PM

If we are serious about maintaining our safety, it is paramount that we have a safety plan that accounts for 24/7 support. Outpatient therapists aren’t equipped for that. Yes, it is our job to make sure we have a plan that keeps us safe. Not our therapists.

Having said that, I have an extensive history with this facet of mental health treatment and am willing to admit that my views may be biased.

Other than that, Scarlet, I wanted to point out a bit of black and white thinking that I noticed. Either you blame yourself for everything or you’re angry at her. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. What I made a point not to do in my previous post was to assign blame to either you or L. Simply that L is human and is subject to err in the same ways that we are. I guess the point that I was trying to make was that I don’t believe that she was acting out of malice. This is where grace comes in. We have the ability to decide that a person has wronged us and to forgive them. From what I know of your relationship with L, it sounds like you have worked well together in the past, and I think with time and asserting your opinions and grievances that you can overcome this. In addition, it will be up to you to evaluate how you’ve acted in this situation and decide whether or not you need to make change and grow from this. I have opinions, but ultimately you’re the expert on your own life.
daisydid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, elisewin, Favorite Jeans, LonesomeTonight, Rive., RoxanneToto, ScarletPimpernel