View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 06, 2021 at 05:18 AM

As I reread your post, something occurred to me. I felt very much the same way when I was in early sobriety. I was sober, but didn't have the motivation or drive to do anything, when pre-recovery I waw super driven and ambitious.

I finally figured out that it was because my self esteem was so low from drinking and relapsing that I really doubted I could do anything.

Then I started doing some low key volunteering at my psych hospital, and that started to rebuild my confidence, and then I started volunteering more places, and again this helped with my self esteem. Now I'm really intensely involved with volunteering as a patient advocate at my psych hospital and my self esteem is coming back by leaps and bounds. Now I'm looking to get back into the workforce part time to start.

I don't know if you're currently working or not, but if you're not working, I strongly suggest volunteering for something you believe in. It helped me recapture something of my old self.

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul, shovelhead

Thanks for this!
shovelhead