Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 06, 2021 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polibeth View Post
I am going to continue to wear a mask because I haven't had a cold or asthma symptoms since I started wearing one

Question: Have you ever gone on a last-minute trip or otherwise impulsively traveled?
Sure. I guess the first major time was when I was living and working in the town of my alma mater, between college years. The situation there didn't work out so one day I saw a flyer about teaching conversational English in Poland. I had never been to Europe at that point and never otherwise even thought to go to Poland. I called my mother and mentioned the opportunity. My mother said to go for it, so I did, leaving about two weeks later. I spent the rest of the summer in Poland.

I guess the second time I lived in Taiwan it was a bit of a last minute decision. Then towards the end of my time there, that time, I up and quit my job in Taiwan and started traveling in Hong Kong and Thailand. That was another notable example. Later down the line, after being married, Hubby and I would occasionally head out somewhere last minute.

Are you afraid to travel by yourself? [Beyond just going to the store, or the like.]