View Single Post
xRavenx
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2016
8,124 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 06, 2021 at 02:52 PM

I started seeing this guy very recently, and we decided to delete our dating apps together and just focus on the relationship by not dating others.

My friend asked me where he worked, and I told her what town it was. I did not think anything of it. Well, she texted me, "What is your boyfriend's last name?" I was really take aback, gave her a name that sounded like his last name (I shouldn't have), and she said she was trying to look him up.

I told her that I really did not appreciate her looking up his information and that I want to keep things private and keep it slow. Plus, I'm fully capable of looking up information by myself IF I choose to. She proceeded him up by that last name without my permission and said "I can't find him." So she violated my privacy for the second time. I was nice about it and reiterated that I would appreciate if she would not look him up and added that if she finds him on social media, I do not want her friending him or contacting him.

I'm not sure if I was assertive enough? I feel like my privacy was violated and so was his. I feel she was just being nosy and did not do this out of concern. I have learned that I really can't trust her. What should I do moving forward when it comes to this friendship? I hope she does not continue to overstep my boundaries and hope she gets the point.

Hugs from:
Bill3, RoxanneToto, WovenGalaxy