View Single Post
Nihil

Member Since Dec 2011
11 hugs
given
Default Jun 06, 2021 at 07:35 PM

I haven't posted here in a long time, but now I have a reason and not sure where else to talk about it. We went on vacation over the week and my dumbass brother decided it would be a good time for him to apologize for molesting me when I was a kid (also we're 5 years apart FYI). Effectively ruined the vacation for me, and I had been completely distracted by his comment the entire rest of the vacation, as one would naturally be distracted if a sibling said something like that. We had gone to visit family for a wedding, and I couldn't say anything to any family members about this or else it'd ruin the wedding, of course, and the wedding was planned for two years already.

A bit of background: my brother had already ruined his life several years ago, by being convicted of possessing child abuse images. Presumably he had been rehabilitating himself, but I'm not sure how much I buy that personally. But anyway, I'm pretty pissed at my brother about this, and I lied to him and pretended to forgive him, because, what else could I do? There was a wedding that was going to happen and if I said anything this would have brought all of the attention to me, and it could've even destroyed the family, especially if I mention anything whatsoever about his crime. I really don't know why he chose to do this while we were on vacation, he couldn't have found a weekend to do it?? I'm very pissed at him and not sure how to proceed. Also I don't want to hear any "you have to forgive him!" BS. You don't know how many times I've already forgiven people for severe betrayals, and my patience is wearing thin.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Abusedbysister, Bill3, Buffy01, FridayT, mote.of.soul, Open Eyes, RoxanneToto, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, Flembo, FridayT