Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 07, 2021 at 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeXoXO View Post
Hi everyone, so about 3 years ago I was admitted to a psych ward and I made some friends. Then I got discharged and haven’t seen them since but I have kept contact with one of them who stayed in the psych ward until her passing. She made me a drawing before I left and I have kept that.

Last week I was made aware of her death and I was shocked and I started feeling numb. Over the last week, I’ve been emotional and I can barely talk about it. I feel like I’m going crazy I get these intrusive thoughts and pictures of her dead body and it is distressing. But I just carry on with my routine unless I start crying. I also feel like I’m making it about me and that I’m over exaggerating ( I felt the same last year when someone else I knew committed suicide).

I have exams in a couple of weeks and I’ve got a really important summer ahead as I will be applying to university.

Should I try talking about it to friends and family?
Personally, I would stop talking about it and even writing about it. Just put it in a safe place and lock the door to that place in your mind. You can deal with that after exams.

If I keep refocusing from the thoughts and emotions to the breathing or the senses then I can really focus when I need to.

This short video may be of interest Follow your breath not your thoughts - YouTube

@CANDC

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MeXoXO

Thanks for this!
MeXoXO