View Single Post
AzulOscuro
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 07, 2021 at 07:15 PM

I think there are two parallel conversations in the thread and they are both driven with different codes. That’s why there will never converge.

This matter is very complicate. It has lots of implications of different nature. From genetic to ethical ones. It may be treat in a general sense or conversely, attending to specific cases. And I think this is what is going on.

Some of us, and correct me if I’m wrong, are referring to a overuse of words such as, toxic, vampires, narcissists, psychopaths, you name it.
And we have given reasons as to why we disagree to use these words to address or discard people and wonder what take others to use them so much often, I mean, which possible causes maybe behind it other that the fact that they have been put on the spotlight by self-help authors to do their business.

Some of these conclusions may be:

- They are trendy words.

- A psychological need to make the other responsible for what it may happen to us and we can’t handle at a point in time.
I understand it’s human but it’s a runaway through the false door.

- They are labels that discard or belittle the whole person. And it even might ruin a person’s reputation. So, it’s worthy to use them with caution.

- The big majority of people have behaviours that might bother another person. So, unless we are Mother Therèse, we are always gonna screw up things with someone. As a punctual behaviour or as one of our own personal characteristic that preventing us from fitting in with some people.

Then, there are many of you who are putting specific examples of people who have hurt you or taken advantages of you. Sometimes, even to a point of developing PTSD.
I don’t see anyone has denied that fact.
Noone is denying that there are people who abuse others. There are little kids who have even died because they have been repeatedly abused. Women, elderly people, little kids and dependent people are the most vulnerable in this case.
These cases are a minority. If I repeatedly see MANY people in my life or who has been part of it in the past, as individuals who abused me or wanted to abuse me, I saw them as a negative influence, because they failed me or I think they are fake and were never friends...if they are MANY, again, there’s something that is not working. And statistically, it can’t be the whole world.

@Alive99, in relation to your reply to @Molinit, aren’t you again making assumptions about another person’s background or experience, only because, (s)he thinks and sees things in a different way?

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote