Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Jun 08, 2021 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereto52 View Post
That I repress emotions could be a possibilty. I remember feeling to much stress when I was younger. A lot of stress. Every night I would grind my teath and have nightmares. During the day was always a feeling of dread or anxiety.

Maybe my brain started do disconnect from my "core" emotions to not get into that kind of state anymore. But I wouldn't how to change that. To become more aligned with my emotions, I mean.

YES. That's what happened to me at age 18. I had too much stress just like that and then it all just shut down like that eventually. I simply could not live in reality anymore like that. Simply because it was too much stress at one point, I mean emotionally, yeah.

How old are you? I saw in another post of yours that you mention being a student. So you are young, yes? You mentioned it might be worth going even paying out of pocket. YES, it's worth it. I wish someone had told me back then to go to therapy. To some therapist that would've been able to understand me. Please, do not wait too long. I waited ten years with my dysthymia with shut down emotions just like this, I did things, I did to go university, etc. but I really only enjoyed talking to people online, no longer in real life. I waited ten years...before it turned into a bipolar episode and a lot of MESS all over the place emotionally. Yeah. It did start healing too, but.... it got worse before it got better, because I still got no help back then. This was also nearly ten years ago - twenty years in total. Not too great eh? I first tried to go to therapy more often 6 years ago. To IRL therapy only 5 years ago, though. Also a lot of psychoeducation.

You asked how to get through this, how to get your emotions back. I really don't know tbh, I think the ten years were just too long for my brain and the "flood" just came out anyway. Some people did "precipitate" it but it would've happened anyway I think. It was just so much mess initially and it still is. Even though it's less mess it's still alot, lol. I think if you find a good therapist it can help though. Primarily to address the stress that overloaded your brain like that. Do get a support system too, that's crucial aswell. Just don't wait too long!! It will just be that much harder to fix it if you wait!
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote