View Single Post
Brown Owl 2

Member Since Sep 2020
9 hugs
given
Default Jun 08, 2021 at 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
I think that owning her responsibility in our current rupture, is whats actually allowing me to move forward. I think what held me up was her explaining away or being defensive about what she did/didn't do.

However, I think "fail" is too big a word for mistakes. To me, failure is abandonment, abuse, exploitation, malice, etc. L used the words "fail" last night and it actually hurt to think that she thinks she failed me. She didn't. She let me down, didn't attune to me, was too logical and not enough emotional to create a rapport, etc. She did some things wrong, but she is not all to blame either. I did things wrong too. As L would say, it's a dance. And we each need to take ownership for our parts.

She didn't "fail" me. She was human and made a mistake.
L sounds awesome. I read your post about your rupture and it reminded me of my own ruptures with my former T, the content was different, but there were similarities, and the T intellectuallised rather than responding to the emotion I was feeling, and was also defensive. I think that if the T had expressed that she felt she had a part in our ruptures, it would have helped. Instead she gave clever interpretations of the root of my ‘problems’ that had caused the rupture.
Brown Owl 2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
corbie, ScarletPimpernel, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2