View Single Post
corbie

Member Since Aug 2019
65 hugs
given
Default Jun 08, 2021 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLL85 View Post
The thought that I have to learn to meet those needs myself is not something I can accept, it is not enough for me. I need someone else to tend to those needs. I am also so ashamed of all of this that talking about it is not something that is possible. Therefore is therapy just a retraumatisation exercise for me and something that I am never going to benefit from? If so, then what the hell to I do as nothing else works either.
This is another thing I also struggle with. It's almost like that part of the 'need' is that it has to come from ... whatever xT is for me. I think it might be part of the parental transference? Like, when there's this very special person to whom I gave all the trust I could muster ... and it might've been only normal, or even too little for her but it took a LOT out of me ... sure, some things I needed from her I went and found elswehere, but still ... she didn't ... and it shatters something way beyond where rational thoughs can reach, like my need was beneath her notice, or else I didn't deserve to have it fulfilled. OK, some of that was her actually ****ing up, but most of it was stuff that my 'reasonable' self says isn't too bad, she didn't mean it that way, stop obsessing over it. And I still (after over a year) didn't quite manage to get over her.
corbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mystical_Being

Thanks for this!
Mystical_Being, Quietmind 2