View Single Post
Werewoman
Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 09, 2021 at 10:33 AM

My husband and I moved into this adorable little townhouse several years ago. We are surrounded by woods on 2 sides. We love this place. 3 years ago my elderly father moved in. No one else would take him and I'd just assume he stay here where I know he'll be safe. Plus he has great doctors and lousy knees.

We had a big blowup a few weeks ago when he got some guy to sell him a beat up piece of *#@$ car. We were livid. He's not supposed to drive - our rule - safety precaution. When my husband saw the car and realized that my dad went around behind our backs to do it, he told my dad to take it back. The guy who sold it to him came and got it. When my husband said he was gonna talk to my dad. I bowed out. I do not do confrontations very well...at all. I also didn't want to trigger my CPTSD, because once that happens, I'm not very nice to be around. Dad won't say anything to me when my husband's there, but shortly after he left for work at 2, my dad tried to call me. I turned the phone off. I was not emotionally equiped to deal with him at that time. Then he stood at the foot of the stairs hollering my name several times. The next thing I knew he was pounding on my door and I screamed at him to go away. He didn't. He was talking through the door but I didn't hear him because I kept screaming. I also opened my window and kicked out the screen. It was my only escape - on the second floor.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lizardlady, RoxanneToto