Community Support Team

Member Since Apr 2009
5,090 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 10, 2021 at 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZe View Post
You don't suppose that that could be your highest priority at the time, and that having to do "some task or even just basic things after you wake up" feels like a potential distraction from it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive99 View Post
OK, to answer this again. I'm finding, the answer is no. It's best for me to not engage with the negativity like that. I function better if I stay out if my head. If it has to come up later, OK. But I won't allow it longer than a couple of seconds, I then have to remind myself that the reality around me exists, that's what exists and not the negative stuff, that I have the power to stay outside of that crap, and that there's lots of good, interesting, exciting, enjoyable or just satisfying things to do.

Of course, I did have to process through negatives more closely before but then I really wanted to have a life again and I processed enough. I got ready to find the positive again after the negative. It was time to do that.
I wasn't thinking so much about negativity, as about you perhaps wanting to make sure that "some task or even just basic things after you wake up" wasn't going to crowd out something else important to you, like conversations you needed to have with other people. It seemed to me that catching up on those could very well feel like a warmup for the other, perhaps less interesting, stuff that you also needed to do.
FooZe is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Alive99