View Single Post
WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 10, 2021 at 05:46 PM

Yeah my doctor prescribes me benzos. Rightfully, and with my consent, he and I want to get me off of them because I think they cause some of the tiredness I experience. But he still will prescribe them PRN. I don't understand the thing about the alerts or whatever. I mean, once with my psychiatrist, I had thrown out my benzos (completely my fault and I owned up to it), but he prescribed me more because I was honest with him. Anyway, that obviously is a different situation than yours. I was very grateful for my psychiatrist for understanding that benzos are serious s*** and the decision to take them or not should not be taken lightly. I know some psychiatrists or psychiatric nurse practitioners refuse to prescribe benzos though. Which is ridiculous. Why not keep it as an option in the arsenal of psych meds? I mean are they going to go after antidepressants next? To me it just seems like psychiatrists who refuse to prescribe benzos just have not done their due diligence on benzos and their effects. They can help at times. Not to mention that you're asking for 6 or fewer pills. Honestly, your psychiatrist has caused you more anxiety, it seems, rather than actively trying to reduce your anxiety. I am sorry for the situation - it sounds very stressful.

WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty