Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 10, 2021 at 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive99 View Post
How do you assume the teflon mindset? I.e. how do you put it on? Do you use some specific reasoning to do so? Or something else?

I've practiced recently to disengage from sh*** behaviours of some people, and it already works well but I'm curious about this topic in general.
This is a link with some basics about "teflon mind"DBT Skill of the Day: Teflon Mind from Mindfulness Module – Anything to Stop the Pain

It takes practice, not just something you can just do but thinking, understanding the concept, then practicing. I have to admit, my brain has always been more into compartmentalizing my thoughts. When I was at work, that is all I thought about. When I was home, I thought about dealing with the issues there. If I needed to handle something from home at work I would dedicate a specific time to take care of it & then put my focus back on work. Even now I have legal issues I am dealing with 2100 miles away & also taking care of my farm here. I handle those legal issues interfacing with who I need to. Last lawyer went MIA & had to file a complaint with the bar in Calif to get them involved in finding him. Had to handle the CC charge . Got on with taking care of my horse & farm. Then found a new lawyer. Did the interface necessary then back to my farm & other activities with friends. My life is made up of compartments & I think when we can adapt to something more like that "teflon mind" works better. Sometimes I just take a time out away from everything & sit & watch my horse totally thinking of nothing else but how wonderful she is while not letting any problem thoughts into my mind but usually I am so focused on having my awesome horse with me after 11 years away from her, it is easy to focus on HER.

I found I actually had some DBT skills before I learned what they were but had to practice them to get them more functional in my life

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost, WovenGalaxy