Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Jun 11, 2021 at 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPerreira0 View Post
OP here!

Wow. First of all thank every single one of you for replying so extensively and taking this seriously! So much insights I got from reading all your viewpoints.

My conclusion? I should lower my expectations about this girl/relationship by a LOT.

Hey. Glad if this thread helped you. I do think that based on the info you've given here it makes the most sense to not take this relationship too seriously, regardless of what the reasons are for her behaviour and regardless of what her intents may be. It is nice of you to want to be there for her at the same time and to be a positive influence to her, even though doing all that from a distance with a smile. It's a very constructive approach. And if you aren't overly involved emotionally and stay realistic that will help with avoiding getting burned, too, regardless of why she has these behaviours, i.e. whether your theories about her behaviours are correct or not. I'm not trying to say that your theories are wrong, I don't know her, but it's obviously just theories and assumptions. And I personally think that a few months isn't enough anyway to judge whether someone's truly a good person or not. She may be a good person yes, I don't know her, but it's an assumption at this point, in my opinion. And other thoughts are also just assumptions at this point in time. So if I have any advice it's just that if I were you I would keep an open mind, notice all new information and not stick to a specific theory or assumption about her. You can use it as a working hypothesis but be relaxed about it, don't try to stick to it too strongly, if that makes sense. Good luck!
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote