View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 13, 2021 at 11:54 AM

just my thoughts .... I read somewhere that most search engines now work on this popularity algorythm thing where the more someone searches for something the more that something is selected for their own top of the listing as searches...

example if I want My Support Forums to come up on top then repeatedly search for that. the google stuff that keeps track of my IP address inside my computer will recognize my search result selected and in turn that is what comes to the top of my listing any time I do a search for My Survivor Forums.

Also back in the day when I knew nothing about Psych Central forums now called My Support Forums. it wasnt my first at the top of the listing.

I did what most people do....

I checked out each selection until I found the right fit for me..

my point just because My Support Forums are not listed at the top ...........for everyone....... doing mental problem searches, or specific mental disorder searches does .......not ..............mean they won't find the site...

evidence of that is look at the new member count. and the new members forum, and the welcome to new members then members names tag line...

people are still finding the site by the thousands and millions like before. and people ......are.......... registering for the site by the thousands every day.

the difference is in us already members. at some point it was known that google had us at the top with the "sponsored" listing so of course we have forgotten how most people actually find and register for websites. they dont select based on top of the list. they read the description of all their results then they select the one that they feel is the best fit for them.

theres no need to worry about new people finding the site. site visitor counts, site registered new members count and welcome to the new members and the new members forum is quite active. some of those by the thousands and millions.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote