leomama
Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2014
172 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 13, 2021 at 04:27 PM

Hello everyone
I said I’d create this post a few days and here it is.
Ive shared about the ex fiancé who i found out I was still in love with when I discovered I wasn’t in love with the boyfriend .
Now about the boyfriend.
I’ve been trying to break it off with him. He’s sober, I’m not. I gave up 17 years of sobriety from marijuana for him. That was my choice, I’m not holding him accountable.
He doesn’t believe in therapy, doesn’t believe in medication. He has a diagnosis of depression and he drinks, smokes and uses marijuana products. He’s not independent, he lives with his mom.
We live in a very expensive area so that part is understandable , however I’ve been independent since I was 18 so it can be done.
His whole plan was to get to know each other for a year before even talking about marriage and that year is up. Also, that’s not how we do things in my faith and he’s not a faith based person . Trying to have direct conversations with him often ends up in an argument .
For me the one year is up, we’ve gotten to know each other, I’ve not found him suitable for marriage. I even went as far as to take him to my priest for pre marital counseling and he saw that as bringing a third party into the relationship .
I’ve tried to end it several times and he won’t let me go.
We work together so it’s not so easy as never seeming him again.
I broke a lot of my own rules with him , and I also learned some new ones, like don’t date someone you work with.
leomama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Alive99, downandlonely, Kelly68, mssweatypalms, RoxanneToto, TishaBuv, xRavenx