Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Jun 13, 2021 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomama View Post
He doesn’t believe in therapy, doesn’t believe in medication. He has a diagnosis of depression and he drinks, smokes and uses marijuana products. He’s not independent, he lives with his mom.
We live in a very expensive area so that part is understandable , however I’ve been independent since I was 18 so it can be done.

He does not sound like material for a quality relationship. You mention rules, I made this rule recently about how I do not get emotionally involved with anyone (whether friendship or romantic) who doesn't believe that psychology has any point because it means they are not going to keep doing personal growth to keep up in life rather than get stuck on a level.

The rule itself was "do not get emotionally involved with anyone who doesn't do either of 1) have a job or any serious purpose/engagement with something 2) go to therapy or do serious psychoeducation working on themselves". But just having a job and not doing any personal growth isn't enough, of course, this rule is simply the absolute minimum, to quickly decide to avoid people who would truly be a waste of my time for a relationship.

The idea would apply in your case too because this guy has depression but doesn't do anything about it. And he lives with his mother. Not a mature adult, I'm afraid.... Don't expect a quality relationship, again.

Hope this helped some.
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
leomama