Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,775 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 13, 2021 at 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmFuzzySocks View Post
Old man cat is getting slower and creakier even on his meds. The boys feed him every evening and say he's not eating as much. He has not confused himself or the kittens lately by jumping on them in play? get off my lawn?, no one really knows. I think this is one of the hardest parts of pet ownership, trying to gauge pain and/or quality of life for a being who can't actually speak to tell us. Which may be for the best, as I'm sure half what he'd say would be cursing us minions for getting pate instead of shreds (and like missteps), but still....

hugs, WFS. It is hard. We're in similar place with diabetic cat, he forgets where he is sometimes (it looks like, his face just looks confused), and he's starting to have trouble jumping up on the couch so has stopped trying. He can still get on the ottoman, so that's good. And he's still able to walk up his ramp to our bed, but doesn't do it as often as he had been. he'll be 15 in august. I feel bad for him because like you said i can't tell how much pain he is in.

Hugs from:
chihirochild, downandlonely, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, WarmFuzzySocks

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2