Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 13, 2021 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I see a therapist and he is teaching me to simply not react. He says to just feel those emotions, identify them, and let them pass. They are just emotions and they always do pass. This has been very hard to do when those emotions cause a panic fight/flight response. I am getting better at it. But— I still can’t get past what triggers me and overcome it. Though, I am getting better at not letting it get the best of me emotionally.

I learned about DBT from others on here. They say it is a course. I’ll have to look into doing it. Dialectical Behavior Training.
So good, Tisha. Because this is the best you can do. Stop these emotions and process them. Of course, you are gonna-how do you say that- go up the walls sometimes. It doesn’t matter. You have reacted, someone (especially your husband) triggered you and you reacted, but you will realised of it and you being aware of it, it will help you to try to not react emotionally next time. You know why, because it’ s the most healthy for you. And you will become the leader of your life. Little by little.
You can’t change your husband but you can change and manage up to what point he will influence your well-being.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Alive99, TishaBuv