Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Jun 13, 2021 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post
I like you mentioned stoicism because Stoic school of Philosophy was always the one I always felt more appealing for me. 😀

That's cool. I don't actually have a stoic philosophy for my life in general but I have elements of it Iguess.

Quote:
Said that, I understand what you say, an emotion is gonna pass by but what can we do with it. Sure it will come back. What I see as an opportunity is that once it passes by, you will have a time to see things in a more objective way. You will have the opportunity to see the whole picture and from this, make decisions with a colder head. Maybe not at the first attempt but future ones.

Yeah, it just seems like for me it takes forever when it's about personal issues.

Also I think you are talking about emotion that is being expressed? Because that is when it's like having a colder head afterwards.

But I don't even express and that makes the emotions prolonged too and they "pass" even slower. Like I have to sit on it for days before it "passes" and I can't even do work for days then. Then deadlines pile up and ugh.

I don't express them because I don't have IRL friends left and I can't burden my family so I can't express the emotions often.

And if I do end up expressing sometimes, on my own, or sometimes to family or something, then I only pick up a little piece of the puzzle that got really complex over the years lol.

Quote:
I haven’t done DBT, I want to make it
clear. Only an approach to Mindfulness with my last psychologist.

I haven't either, I have the DBT workbooks but I haven't done it with a therapist. I looked in the workbooks but I haven't found anything for my issue with expressing. It seems to be for people who express emotions easily and regularly.
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote